272 pages | English PDF | 6.2 Mb
Having your own blog isn’t just for the nerdy anymore. Today, it seems everyone from multinational corporations to a neighbor up the street has a blog. They all have one, in part, because the folks at WordPress make it easy to get one. but to actually build a good blog to create a blogpeople want to read takes thought, planning, and some effort.
From picking a theme and using tags to choosing widgets and building a community, creating your blog really starts after you set it up. In this book by blogger extraordinaire Scott McNulty, you learn how to:
* Install and get your WordPress blog running.
* Set up your site to ensure it can easily grow with you and your readers.
* Be the master of user accounts.
* Manage your site with the WordPress Dashboard and extend its capabilities with plug-ins.
* Make the most of images.
* Work with pages, templates, and links and of course publish your posts.
* Deal with comments if you even want readers commenting at all.
* Find a theme or build one yourself.